Visits to the Observatory in La Palma
Visitas to the Observatory in La Palma (Observatorio del Roque de Los Muchachos) or else stargazing (astronomy tour) in La Palma are probably one of the key activities for those visiting the island of La Palma. After all, the island is a Dark Reserve (Starlight, UNESCO) that protects the quality and darkness of its sky.
General Condicions for visits to the Observatory:
Please read carefully.
Guided Visits are in the morning only. Limited numbers.
- Visits to Observatorio del Roque de Los Muchachos show the instalations including the interior of one of the profesional telescopes.
- VISITS are in Spanish and English alone.
- Visits are 10 EUR per person (only for over 6 years old, price list updated to 2019).
- Booking in advance is strongly recommended previa es imprescindible (info, details a booking below).
- If there are no places available: the website will read „This activity is not available“. You may add your name to a waiting list here.
- Visits do not include stargazing.
- Visits are weather permitting (please read condicions carefully).
- Telescopes that could be visited are Gran Telescopio de Canarias, William Herschel Telescope o Telescopio Nazionale Galileo.
Map for meeting point (Day visits to the Observatory alone):